The Facts: Ryan and Adam Receive the Program Proposal

On June 23, 2010, we emailed Ryan Seacrest and his partner Adam Sher a program proposal for an exciting new musical reality show, Looking for the New, Waaaay Cooler Lawrence Welk.

A subsequent proposal was emailed on June 30, 2010.

On June 29, 2010 E! Entertainment executives visited our program proposal website at www.lookingforthenewcoolerlawrencewelk.blogspot.com.


Curiously, E!’s Lisa Berger, executive vice president, entertainment programming, was not emailed a program proposal until days after she'd already visited our proposal site.


Assuming Lisa Berger is not a clairvoyant, how could she have known of the proposal and its url unless someone forwarded her the information?


Only Ryan and Adam were emailed the proposal during the last week of June 2010.


E! is home to Ryan's entertainment news show as well as a purchaser of programming from Ryan Seacrest Productions. The companies are even located in the same building complex.


Despite our analytics report showing E! visited the presentation site TWICE, E! denies having ever visited the site. (SEE Analytics report below proving E! visited our presentation site.)


Comcast owns E! Entertainment and subsequently bought NBC.


In May 2011, NBC’s reality programming head, Paul Telegdy, announced Seacrest is in talks with NBC “to helm a music-themed prime-time reality show.”


But according to the New York Post, the new Ryan Seacrest project is reportedly not a traditional music competition show. Telegdy says that the Seacrest concept is a "totally different kind of competition show" that would unfold in "self-contained episodes." He said it was "a bit more fun" and rather than being "contestant competitive," it is more "artist competitive."


Sound familiar? Take a look at the show we pitched Ryan and his partner Adam Sher in June 2010:


http://www.lookingforthenewcoolerlawrencewelk.blogspot.com/

RYAN SEACREST FACES ALLEGATIONS

HIS COMPANY PILFERED IDEA

FOR NEW NBC MUSICAL REALITY SHOW



FORT LAUDERDALE - Ryan Seacrest and his namesake production company are facing allegations that the idea for their newly announced NBC musical reality show was actually the brainchild of a South Florida communications company which pitched the idea to Seacrest and his business partner, Adam Sher, in June of 2010.

Executives at New Era Productions (NEP), a Fort Lauderdale-based company, believe Seacrest and Sher used NEP’s program proposal as the inspiration for their new musical reality show slated to air on NBC sometime in 2012. NBC’s Paul Telegdy, executive vice president, alternative programming on Monday announced Seacrest is in talks with NBC “to helm a music-themed prime-time reality show.”

“Based on information and belief, it is our well-considered opinion that Seacrest Productions has misappropriated the program proposal we submitted to them in good faith,” said NEP President, Bill Jones. “We urge Ryan to reconsider his company’s possible misdeed and either tender an offer to us for fair compensation or go back to the drawing board and come up with his own idea.”

When contacted about NEP’s allegations, a Seacrest Productions spokesperson said the company had no comment.

Jones said more information about the allegations can be found at www.wepitchedthisshowtoseacrestproduction.blogspot.com. Part of NEP’s original pitch to Seacrest Productions can be found at www.lookingforthenewcoolerlawrencewelk.blogspot.com

For more information about the Seacrest matter contact Bill Jones at 561-208-5746 or email him at billjonesnewerapro@att.net.


###



RYAN SEACREST AGAIN AT THE CENTER OF CONTROVERSY
OVER ALLEGATIONS HIS COMPANY PILFERED IDEA
FOR NEW NBC MUSICAL REALITY SHOW

FORT LAUDERDALE – Ryan Seacrest, already facing allegations that his namesake production company may have pilfered a program proposal for a new musical reality show from a South Florida company and then sold it to NBC, is again at the center of controversy related to his possible show misappropriation.

Seacrest’s co-host of his nationally syndicated radio show, Ellen K, is sharing the dubious spotlight with Seacrest after it was learned that her husband, Los Angeles media executive, Roy Laughlin Jr. made a suspicious phone call to the company alleging Seacrest’s possible improprieties.

“Roy Laughlin [Ellen K’s husband] called me and left a voicemail message to return his call, but when I did so he denied making any such call,” said Bill Jones, owner of Fort Lauderdale-based New Era Productions, the company claiming Seacrest Productions may have stolen its program proposal. “He [Laughlin] said somebody had his cell phone for awhile the day the call was made to us. But the guy who answered the cell phone had the same voice as the guy who left the message.”

Jones said he wouldn’t speculate as to Laughlin’s motives for making the call, or on whose behalf he made it. But Jones says the whole thing “is dubious and earmarked by deceit,” and that this is just the latest episode in what he calls, “SeacrestGate.” He said that one thing is for sure, Laughlin made the call.

“We just happen to get a call from the husband of Seacrest’s co-host, and then he denies any knowledge of the call… we’ve got him on tape, for crying out loud,” said Jones.

For more information on the Seacrest allegations contact Bill Jones at 561-208-5746 or email him at billjonesnewerapro@att.net. More information also can be found at www.wepitchedthisshowtoseacrestproduction.blogspot.com.


###


CLICK ON LINK BELOW TO HEAR VOICEMAIL:

http://www.box.net/shared/6zrd1kpl1f